Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What's So Funny

Due to some inexplicable force I was again driven to visit my old restaurant this weekend. Maybe it's the burgers or the steak skewers, it could be the atmosphere or the slow but friendly service, either way, I went back. So as you may remember from last time, I had an interesting conversation with the busboy who recently had a baby. She's the one who "fell off the bed" but "bounced back" (get it?!)

Anyway, I saw him again and asked about his child.

Busboy: She's laughing at me.

Me: Well that's great! That's a very important developmental stage.

BB: No, I mean, she's disrespecting me. When she cries and I tell her to be quiet she all starts laughing at me. I mean, if she does this now, what's gonna happen when she's older all disrespectful and s@#t.

Me: Um, how old is she?

BB: Five months.

5 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give Child Services a heads up.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Dead Flowers Productions said...

fuckin' kids...

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

I mean, right?

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...how precious! I LOVE babies...really.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Nothin' a quick backhand wouldn't fix. Daddy's gotta keep his pimp hand strong...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged