Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Really?

Okay, let's get one thing straight. I'm a goddamn temp. And a good one at that. I am so low on the totem pole I often get mistaken for a tent spike. So there you have it. Now check this out- I'm answering the VP guy's phone because his assistant is out and his assistant's assistant is at lunch. That's right- I am actually third in line to answer his phone. So I take down the message and e-mail it to him. Then when he comes back from lunch, I tell him, "Your wife called. She said she'd call you on your cell." He says, "I know".

2 seconds later he forwards back the e-mail to me and my "superviser". Turns out I wrote "Your wife will call you on her cell" as opposed to "your cell". Um, okay. So he just wanted to point out that I made an unimportant grammatical error. At the top of the message he says, "Why would she want me to call her on her cell?" Ha, ha. Or, could it be he really didn't get it? And since when did pointing out a temp's slight error become an important thing? My superviser couldn't care less so I called her and said, "What's his problem"? She was like, "Oh, he's just being wacky". I told her I quit. After tomorrow. Because seriously, get over yourself; I'm a temp.

5 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Speaking of which, I was walking through Chelsea today after I picked up my paycheck and this skinny, scrawny older man walked by with the BIGGEST BULGE in his super tight jeans. I mean... honestly, it looked like he stuffed an overgrown zucchini in there.

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ten bucks says it was a zucchini... wrapped in tinfoil and the dude was on his way to the airport and thought the joke was original...

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

I resent being referred to as "older".

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Disgruntled Day-Jobber said...

I know that VP...superiority complexes are common on Wall Street. And, yes, he no doubt has a small penis, which he is incapable of using effectively.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

Shows you what you know, L-Rose. I have two hands on my zucchini.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged