Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Mon Dieu

In France they work from 10 AM - 5 PM with a three hour nap/wine paired lunch in between. They also have 4 months paid vacation. It's true, look it up. Well maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but they don't nearly work as hard as Americans do.

Speaking of working hard, it is definitely good for something. Because Glenn and Rachael worked hard to help my mom move books and Ed and Michael offered to work hard, my sister used her hard earned money to buy us a meal that worked it. Hard. Well, except Michael couldn't be there because he was hard at work at home molding one of America's future great minds. Might I say we missed you, but damn we had a good time. Glenn even dressed up (corduroys).

I must be getting old because I passed up a trip to the Zombie Hut afterwards. Or maybe that makes me wise. Who knows. Good morning, everyone.

5 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger patient boy said...

Let's face it, you were smart enough to know that a hangover would overly impair your door-button-pushing skillz.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

Rather it might make it more fun. Like, I dunno... what's the word... a challenge?

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger patient boy said...

"You want me on that button! You need me on that button!"

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

Son, we live in a world that has doors. And those doors have to be guarded by gals with buttons. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Captain Klimpter? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that these locked glass doors, while tragic, probably save lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives... Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at water coolers, you know I'm right. We use words like buzzer, door, "good morning"...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very security I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a desk and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger patient boy said...

Clap it out....clap it out...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged