Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Good Morning

Wow, I actually got sleep last night. I found that you mix 3 days of no sleep with some tylenol PM you're in for the night. That doesn't change the fact that I am still immensely bored. Oh look, our mailroom guy just arrived. He's the one who is always late and hung over and sleeps in the building lounge on his breaks. Color me jealous, that's how I want to roll here.

So far I've broken several of the "rules" that the girl who "trained" me gave. I ate at the desk, I've made and received personal calls and today I plan on doing my own work, which I have brought with me. Oh, wait- I forgot to feed the plant. Guess what? I'll probably forget again tomorrow. I'm also pretty sure "blogging" is forbidden in some handbook.

Oh well. I am neglecting one duty which the girl actually gave me: "Be sure to greet people and say hello when they walk in". Really? Really?!! Wow, I didn't know that. In my 30 years of immersion in American culture I have never grasped the simple concept of a morning greeting. No, really, show me how you do it. I want to learn from the master.

3 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

I have to know... does she talk to the dog in Chinese?

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should say hello in different languages and see if anyone is paying attention.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

Well, clearly Barnaby understands English.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged