Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Nope, Still Nothing to Do

But I've read everything there is to read on the internet that's not forbidden. The mailroom guy keeps asking me about how to become an actor. He said, "If I go to HB Studios will I make connections?" I'm like, sure, you'll make connections wherever you go. The following the rest of the conversation:

Mail Room Guy: Yeah, I think I'll try and do it. I just need to lose some weight.

Me: Well, it doesn't really matter if you're not "fit" because there's all different looks, you know?

MRG: Yeah. Ohay, I'm gonna do it. I'm going to try to be an actor!

Bitchy Me: Okay. Do you have $1,000 for headshots?

MRG: What are headshots? Oh, wait, those things? That's expensive, no way.

Bitchy Me: Well, I'm glad that settles that.

4 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love reading this! as you can see i'm swamped with work at this ad agency. we don't have anyone at the front desk only security in the lobby and some are nice, most disgruntled. drinking my coffee but wish there was some kahlua in there.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

A propos of absolutely nothing, as I just mentioned in email to L-Rose and JQ, there's a skywriter working in the sky outside my office window. Don't see that in Manhattan very often. Obviously a very skilled pilot because the wind is really blowing and he's gotta hustle. The only thing I've seen so far is "who will". Don't know if anything came before that. Hey lawyergirl, can you see it? You might be able to if you're on the south or east side of your building. Now I gotta go meet Wojo for lunch, I guess I'll miss the rest of the message...

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger bklynturtle said...

and though you protest,
your disinterest,
i know clandestinly,
you're gonna' grin and bear it!
you're new found popularity!
ah!

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see anything outside my window except freedom from the chains of oppression that is my current 7-9 life...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged