Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Scooter? I Barely...

Well, I'm going straight to hell. One of our co-workers who has an MS-like degenerative nerve disorder and walks with a cane, because he is slowly losing control of his legs, came in on his wheelchair scooter today because his doctor wanted him to ease up a bit. What do we all do? INTER OFFICE SCOOTER RIDES! I wasn't the first to do it, mind you, and I certainly didn't ask (I was dared*). The one girl who went first whipped it all around the office, down the hall, past my Bosslady's office where her and two other co-workers were in with her on an important conference call, sitting intently, staring at the phone. They look up and see one of our analysts whizzing by, waving. And of course they all lost it laughing, because clearly this is a very professional environment. It's good because one of my co-workers is having a really bad day.

So then it was my turn. Now, I'm a native New Yorker, ok? So I don't have a drivers license. Not only that, but I don't even know how to drive a car at all. I have a learners permit so I can get into bars, that's about it. Oh, and I do plan on learning some day. But for now, I can't drive. I can, however, drive a motor scooter like a Vespa. That, I can do. So I showed them all. I even parallel parked.

*Disclaimer: The guy with the scooter has a great sense of humor about his condition and is being treated by the world's leading doctors and is a revolutionary figure in the treatment of this rare disease and he's the one who demanded that if he has to scoot on this thing, we all had to so that's really why we all did. Plus it was fun.

5 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger The Bitchy Waiter said...

What, no pictures? C'mon!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Oh, you know I'd go to hell for THAT! Also, according to the woman preaching on the subway, I'm going to hell because I'm a fornicator. So I guess it's a lose-lose.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous lawyergirl said...

How did the woman on the subway know you fornicate?

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

I'm wearing my "Fornicator's Club" shirt.

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous lawyergirl said...

I knew that was the best birthday present EVER.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged