Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Friday, August 28, 2009

Stiff Upper Lip

So yesterday when I went to get my eyebrows waxed, the woman says to me, "Just eyebrows?"

Now, here's the thing about these spa-like ladies. They're blunt. They'll tell you to your face and without hesitation that you have a bad wrinkle or snaggle hair or are just plain ugly. Apparently, she thought I should wax my upper lip.

Now, I'm fairly good with pain. I can get my eyebrows waxed while giving blood and touching a hot stove all at the same time so I thought, why not? Guess what. IT HURT A LOT. All that came off was a mild film of peach fuzz anyway. Honestly I can't really see the difference but I guess it's good that the lady at the salon was happy. That's all that matters.

6 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous lawyergirl said...

There was one lady at a spa I went to for the mani/pedi who always pushed the facials. One day I told her I liked the oily look. She never bothered me again.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Raymi Lauren said...

i shave mine for free! and my eyebrows too. maybe i will make a demo video for everyone to make fun of cos that doesn't happen enough lately.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Sweden said...

i tweeze my eye brows and upper lip and the occasional hair that seems to grow out of my mole, ewewew i know. i saw a Chinese guy on the bus once with 3-4 inch long hairs 3 of them out of his mole i almost barfed

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger The Bitchy Waiter said...

I went to get my eyebrows and shoulders and lower back done. All MINOR hair. Please don't think I am a beast. But she wasn't sure how much to charge me. So as I stood next to her, she screamed across the salon (in Korean) to her boss but as she screamed she mimed every single place I needed hair removed. As the whole spa looked at me and assumed I was a Yeti underneath my clothes.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Sweden said...

btw u think getting yer upper lip waxed is painful, try a brazillian lol

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Oh, I've had a Brazilian or two in my life. Yes, definitely worse...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged