Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hairy Snotter

OK people I have something to say:

Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's not good.

Let's take Harry Potter for example. Hey, guess what- the books are excellent. The movies are ok but seriously, it's a really smart story. So when I asked some friends if they wanted to catch the HP movie, I got either a resounding "yes" from the fan side, but the few who had never read the books, you know, "on principle" were all snarky.

Let me spell this out again (spell- hahhah! No pun intended):

The Harry Potter books are really popular because a lot of people rightfully enjoy them. Sure, the merchandising hoopla is overdone but I haven't met a single person who actually sat down and read them who were like, "Eh, not so much". When someone tells me I really should try something, like a new TV show, I respond with an honest, "Oh, man, I don't have time to get hooked to something else," not, "I know everyone has told me to see it, but I'm not going to just to be different." I gotta say, trying not to sound like a conformist is so '89.

Also, I hear Harry Potter does full frontal.

Oh, does THAT change your mind?

4 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Figgsrock2 said...

Dude,

IT'S ABOUT FUCKING WIZARDS!

Maybe if I was in a prog rock band, sure, but I'm not.

And I'm not 8 years old, which is about the last time I read anything like that.

Signed,
I really have no principles, I think we both know that.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

Exactly. It's about wizards fucking. Who doesn't love that?

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Dalton said...

The real question is whether you went dressed as a wizard or dressed as a muggle.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

I prefer a member of the Hufflefuff Quiddich team.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged