Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Booty Licious

I have this old pair of black calf-high leather boots that I found a neighbor ditched out on the street one Sunday night about 6 years ago. I brought them home out of curiosity to find that they were in fact in pretty good condition and fit me like a glove.

Over the years I got a lot of use out of them, but one day the heel broke off and I figured, eh, I can live- we've had a great run.

Two years have passed and lately I have been taking my boss's shoes to this amazing shoe repair shop in the neighborhood. They can fix anything and it's CHEAP. Later I found out that they are rather well known, and women all over the Upper East Side take their Manolo's and Jimmy Choo's there all the time so I figured, why not?

One week after dropping them off, I received my boots- two repaired heels, new soles and polished and shined- $22. I love this place.

Except for last week when I was getting a new heel for my boss's boot and the guy who did it came out with a HUGE bloody tissue shoved up his nose and I was like, "Nosebleed, eh?" and he just looked at me and the blood started rushing into the tissue even faster and I almost vomited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged