Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, January 26, 2009

Net This

The saga of my apartment building continues.

So Thursday I was supposed to receive a Netflix movie. Netflix is usually on time and reliable and as such I enjoy their services. But on Thursday, no Netflix.

Friday rolls around and I am looking forward to a quiet night in and lo and behold, still no Netflix.

Now, listen- I didn't really need to see Win a Date With Tad Hamilton. But I have this thing. Sometimes when I am in the privacy of my own home, I like to indulge in a little guilty pleasure of mine. Crappy, crappy teen movies.

A guy at the dog park shares my deep seated obsession of teen dramedies and rom com's and he assured me that the best of the worst was Win a Date With Tad Hamilton so I figured, ok, I'll give it a shot.

Saturday rolls around and I realize this movie is just gone. But I couldn't help but think back to the towel fiasco when my egyptian cotton towels went "missing" and Crate and Barrel replaced them, only to find that someone had returned them anonymously to my door days later.

But what if the movie really was missing? I went ahead and reported it at such on Netflix and yes, will be recieving a replacement copy.

But on Sunday morning what is sitting outside the mail area in the hallway but my goddamn Netflix DVD OPENED. Ok, it wasn't like someone accidentally took it and then returned it- this person had 3 days with it. Now I don't pay $9.95 a month so my neighbors can watch Win a Date With Tad Hamilton before me. So now, because Netflix was kind enough to replace one, I now have TWO copies of this stupid teen movie that I really have no major interest in watching anyway, but am pissed off that it was denied to me.

But wait, there's more.

Last night I came home to find a bottle of wine, gift wrapped at my door. Hanging in a bag on the knob with no card, no name. So... is this anonymous Netflix thief now apologizing? Or did my scatterbrained upstairs neighbor who I helped with the stomach flu last week leave it for me and forget to write a note?

Weird. So now I have a bottle of wine and a double dose of Topher Grace. I don't know whether to be really happy about that or kill myself. Anyone want to borrow a copy?

6 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes. after this arbitration, a crappy teen movie will be about 50 IQ points better than what i have been dealing with.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Raymi Lauren said...

what does your gut instinct tell you what's going on?

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Theory 1: The schitzo steals my stuff, days later her BF the super finds it and quietly returns it to the hallway.

Theory 2? I have no idea.

The wine is from my upstairs neighbor who I helped out when she was sick, BTW- she called me earlier to say she didn't leave a note.

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can solve this...
Step 1-I pack up a small box marked FRAGILE with a blue Tiffanys sticker on it.

Step 2- I mail it to you where it will be left at your door.

Step 3- The prolific pilferer plunders the prize.

Step 4- They open it to find a pre broken glass bottle with some blue dyed pixie stix powder, and a note that reads ...
"ANTIDOTE SHIPPED UNDER SEPARATE COVER"

Then just wait. They'll show themselves....

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

hahha!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Jay said...

I like lawyergirls idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged