Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dog Night

You guys, it's almost my 2,000th post! I don't even know what to do with myself. I'll try to think of something witty and amazing to amaze you with my wit.

In other news, some of you have been asking me about this stray puppy. Well, it wasn't a tiny puppy, it was about 8 months old and it was of the Rottweiler persuasion. Long story short I came out of a store on Court street to find that a stray dog with half a tail was playfully sniffing my dog who was tied up outside. Then it took off and bolted across the street, stopping at every garbage can searching for food.

I wasn't even sure of what I was doing because it didn't have a tag and there's no way I could have taken it home, but I figured if I got it to hang out with me we could walk to the local vet and they could maybe lend me a leash so I could call animal care or something. There's no way this thing was surviving the night.

With the help of a kind stranger, 30 minutes later we followed it around the neighborhood until it finally decided to join our pack but when we got to the vet it was closed and the dog just took off up the street. I mean at that point there's not much you can do. It was clearly not domesticated and had strayed from its own. It was also rather alpha as it kept reminding my dog by jumping on his back every few blocks. Boy was Jesse pissed.

Anyway, it was really depressing. By the end of it all I was farther away from home than I had liked and as frozen as a popsicle with a pissed off and hungry dog. So, you know, give money to a local shelter, urge friends to adopt and if you have a dog, give it some extra love. And then do what I do and smack him upside the head to make him appreciate you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged