Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, August 11, 2008

Oh Please

So I belong to this union called Actors' Equity and it's an honor to be a member. The only problem is they are adamant that one cannot tape a show with Equity actors in it, and since we are an Equity Showcase, taping is a no no. Oh, unless you get permission.

You see, the guidelines in the book are very simple and strict- No Taping Under Any Circumstances. But then you read between the lines. Turns out you can record a production with permission, and there are rules- only use one camera, notify the actors, do not distribute, etc.

If you've ever tried to call Equity you'll know that you either only get a busy signal or transferred to someone who won't call you back. For the last month I have almost daily been calling and emailing the head "Taping Permission" guy asking for the proper channels to go through and have received no response. So this is the message I just left him now:

"Hi [Equity Guy Whose Only Job Is To Answer Questions Like Mine], It's me, [That Girl]. So, I will be taping my show, and I just need the paperwork to submit it to the archives. Coolz, thanks!!!"

I give him ten minutes before he calls me back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged