Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

When Bloggers Unite

Ladies and gentlemen, as some of you know our friend Jonah had a touch of cancer in his groin area. His blog, Adventures in Brooklyn, is one of the links on my site, along with G-Strings For Orphans. As a way of showing strength and solidarity, another friend created Groinstrong bracelets- much like the Lance Armstrong Livestrong ones, or my friend Ed's F@#kstrong (patent pending).

Well when Jonah got the crazy idea that Stephen Colbert of the Colbert Report should have one because of Colbert's own Wriststrong campaign, all it took was one little degree of separation, a hope, a prayer, a letter, an envelope, and a trip to the west side in 90 degree heat. Jonah gave the bracelet to me and I passed it on to the author of G-Strings, Katie, who works for the man himself.

So I just came back from the Colbert Report offices and can say that the exchange was successful. I did not meet Stephen, but Katie assured me it would be in his hands. Hopefully Mr. Colbert will wear his bracelet tonight in his showing of support. If not, it will prove the theory that I have been pushing for years that Stephen Colbert hates people who have cancer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged