Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, May 29, 2008

SAG Crazies!

I have some good news and some bad news. Which do you want to hear first? Why, the bad news of course, because then after that you have good news! So the bad news is- I am leaving work at 10:30 today. To do SAG background work. On some dumb movie starring Kristen Bell and Josh "Mr. Fergie" Duhamel.

The GOOD news is that I only took it because it is guaranteed overtime which means a metric assload of money, and I need a big chunk of that green stuff to pay for my Actors Equity card. Like, it's so guaranteed OT that the first round of us are arriving at 11 am and the second round of extras aren't even needed until 8 pm. That's how crazy long this day will be. But if you've done SAG background work you know that a. the more overtime the better and b. brace yourself for some SAG crazies. These are the people that do background work every day, not because it pays well, but because they think they are really acting and therefore have an acting career. I'm sorry but the last time I checked, Glorified Setpiece does not an actor make.

Please feel free to text me all day and keep me company.

2 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The film you're doing background work on also stars Will Arnett and Danny DeVito.
Have you worked while they're onset?

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Hey!!! Everyone is here. I am writing this from the Mac store during my break. Danny DeVito is hitting on me. Also here are Jon "Napolean Dynomite" Heder and Dax "I f@#ked Kate Wilson" Shepherd. It's a small shoot so I've gotten to know everyone well enough to suss out that Whatsherface Bell and Dax Shepherd are totes fucking.

On a side note, I am seated next to the annoyingest SAG crazy ever. But life will go on. We are shooting all night so make the best of it.

I'm so gonna hit it w/DeVito.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged