Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, March 31, 2008

Stuff on my Mutt

I'm really sick of dog owners who know nothing about dogs. Like the guy on my street who won't let his dog Pepe sniff my dog's butt because, "It's a boy, Pepe! No! It's a boy dog!"

This morning I ran into a really sweet terrier and its asininely stupid owner. She got all concerned as my dog lumbered up to the puppy who was totally excited to meet him. They exchanged pleasantries and the woman looks up at me and said, "It's a girl dog, yes?" And I was like, "No," and so she tightened the hold on her dog's leash, got really nervous and pulled it away. Hey lady: fuck you. That's the kind of behavior that will make your dog yap at everyone. Dogs respond to the energy around them and I'm convinced breed and sex have fairly little to do with a dog's temperament as a dog is really just an extension of its owner. Take my dog for example. I'm a pretty laid back person. Something has to be a serious emergency before I get all crazy and even then I think clearly. My dog, as a result, is pretty chill. He, like me, also likes TV. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Speaking of my dog, we played our favorite game this weekend- Sorting Laundry on Jesse or as he calls it, "I Ain't Moving Off This Bed". It's a fun game for everyone.

3 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope cats are not an extension of their owners. That means I am either: (1) one mean, crazy, scratching bitch with anyone I don't see on a daily basis; or (2) a big, fat, hungry, needy, cry baby.... Don't say it Tempy.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

You already did

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Jonah said...

sisters... sisters...
there were never such devoted sisters...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged