Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, February 04, 2008

Out Of This World

One of my many "jobs" here is to reply to the occasional fan mail my boss gets. So this guy recently wrote to her that he saw her on the air talking about how she bought a meteorite for her husband, and so as a "retired Yale professor, she should be warned about the radioactive dangers of meteorites". It was actually a very cute letter, and the guy seemed nice.

But a response to that? I dunno. As a joke, I wrote this and sent it to my boss:

"On behalf of my husband and I, thank you so much for your kind note and your advice about meteorites. In the future if I ever want to purchase something that has fallen from our earth’s atmosphere, I’ll be sure to consult you first about its hazards. Thanks for watching the show!"

And guess what- she loved it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged