Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Fuck-It List

I was watching television last night when I saw quite possibly the most depressing thing ever. It was this douchebag couple who started their own religion called the Fellowship of the Woodlands (I am not making this up). Anyway, they were hawking their new book called One Month to Live, and they have a website, OneMonthToLive.com. Seriously.

But then I started thinking... what if I had one month to live. What would I do?

1. Quit my job
2. Tell those special people how much I love them
3. Give away all of my belongings
4. Travel the world
5. Sky dive (why not? I'm already half dead)
6. Put on a one woman show with all of the material I have ever written, crappy or not, and guilt trip everyone to see it
7. Try heroin
8. Write a book

OK, so really, the point of that exercise is to look at the list and say, "Golly hey, I have more than a month to live, and I want to do ALL those things! And I can!" No, but seriously. And I think we can all agree that it's not that simple; that if I did even half of those things on my list I'd be a homeless junkie.

What would you do?

4 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

Let's just say that all those companies that continuously offer me more credit would regret that.

And that various Las Vegas-area entrepreneurs would not.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

You've always wanted to see Sigfried and Roy live?

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) Quit my job
2) Tell the people i love that i love them
3) find a home for my cats (not as easy as it sounds... Leo)
4) ride horses all day long
5) eat chocolate and buttercream (not while riding the horses, cuz that could get messy)
6) a few x-rated things that are not appropriate for this blog (but may involve the chocolate and buttercream)

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

Cats...horses...buttercream...

Do you have a poster of Scott Baio on your office wall by chance?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged