Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I'm Bendy

For those of you who don't know, I have started taking Capoeira, a Brazilian fight-dance thing. It's what you see those people in the park do where they stand on one hand and do slow motion Matrix kicks. Me, I've just learned how to do this thing called Ginga, not to be confused with the Jenga, the game the whole family can play. If the whole family were to do the Ginga invariably someone would be calling child services.

Anyway, the thingamaGingy turns into a duck and roll, much like the person on the left of this photo, like so. There's a twist and leg roll that follows it that when done by my instructor looks like poetry in slow motion, but when done by me looks like a newborn foal trying to walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged