Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Good Boy

Have you heard of "agility dogs"? Agility dogs are dogs especially trained to go through obstacle courses. They win ribbons so the owners feel good about themselves and the dogs get to exercise; everybody wins.

I once tried to teach my dog to jump through a hoop and by "teach" I mean "put a piece of roast beef in front of him" and by "jump" I mean "lazily walk through it". It took a few tries. Much like me, he hates a challenge. He took one look at the hoop and walked around it to get to the food. The same went with jumping over a stick. Why jump when you can walk around? The fastest way from point A to point B is only a straight line if you don't have to exert any buoyancy from your legs.

Here is an agility dog:


Here's my dog:

1 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But the agility dog looks crazy, and my nephew looks happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged