Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Testorific

Man, I loves me some Wall Street in the morning. Especially waiting outside on line with 30 other middle aged office workers furiously glancing at note cards. You know what's better than that? Being herded like cattle into a huge, taupe room, getting fingerprinted and given a scantron form. Oh, and even better is finding out that the test is a lot harder than you and everyone else you spent the whole day at the Holiday Inn conference room with thought. Luckily I studied a lot and used my reasonable knowledge of the law to answer most of the questions so I did well. Oh, here was one:

A legal proceeding in court is called:

a. Litigation
b. Conveyance
c. Ex Parte
d. That thing my sister does. No, not that thing!

We'll see in I pass but ask me if I care. I've got some free lunch to eat.

8 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger patient boy said...

Do you care?

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

ABACADABA. works every time.

Man I miss a good scantron.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

Some...times in our lives, we all have debt, we have to boooorrroooow. But, if we are wise, we know that there's, collections tomoooooorrrow. LIEN ON ME!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

LR, please tell me you just made that up and are not stealing it from someone. Although given the nerd level, I think I can guess.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

"Co-dicil... is such a lonely word. How many can my will accrue..."

Billy Joel, people.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

That's so weird!! This morning I was in the shower and thinking i wanted to write a song set to Billy Joel's "Honesty," only instead of Honesty it's Toiletries.

Toiiiiiletriiiies

I haven't thought of the rest. go to.

And yes, boyd, I made it up. Time to taste test my mom's home made apple tart. Or Taht as we like to call them here.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger dancing at gunpoint said...

oh god, YOU'RE the notary public. i am dumb.
hey do ya want to notarize something for me??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged