Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I Wanted To Be Patsy

I got a call and a text from my frantic upstairs neighbor that the landlord's crazy girlfriend is having another one of her episodes. This one is aimed at her roommate. Crazy Pants thinks the girl's roommate stole her camera. The following is an actual transcript of the rest of the conversation.

Me: So she tried to steal the camera back?

Girl Upstairs: Yes, she claimed that it was really hers and she wanted it back. Then she told [my roommate] to pick up the trash outside.

Me: Trash? What trash?

GU: Exactly.

Me: Wow. So what else did she say?

GU: Well then she went on about us "three girls" in the building who were worrisome. She's referring to me, [roommate] and you, I guess. So then she says that Patsy is the worst because...

Me: Hold it, hold on... Patsy?

GU: And I said Patsy isn't her name.

Me: But she's referring to me, right? My name sounds a bit like Patsy, right?

GU: Nooooo... I think she was talking about [roommate].

Me: Oh.

GU: What?

Me: I was just hoping I was Patsy. I really like that name.

GU: (silence)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged