Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, April 19, 2007

What The...

"Waaaaaaaaait a minute Tempy. You have a building pass, a new email and you've been at this place like, forever. What's going on? Why am I getting the feeling that you're all Permy and s@#t?"

Well kids, looks like the rumors are true. No, not the ones about Sanjaya's sister (mind out of the gutter, Patientboy!), but all that buzz about this company giving me an "offer". Well, they did. And I will be taking it.

"But Tempy! Does that mean you have to change your name?"

No, it's not a marriage, it's just a job. And I've said this before people: Feeling Tempy is a state of mind. Plus I just rolled out an entire line of clothing. I'll always be one goddamn shiny object away from quitting at any moment. I just get benefits and a heftier salary to sit on.

"What about Bartron?"

Yeah, I will have to quit the restaurant. If any of them read this blog like I'd asked them to, they'd have a heads up before tonight. But, oh well.

"What was that thing about Sanjaya's sister?"

Nothing.

I will remain your humble servant, Tempy.

11 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on now, she's a tasty little morsel. I would chutney her poori any time.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

You are such a Sag Paneer

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

So no Sundinner this week, eh?

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

I may finish out the weekend. I'll let you know.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

ps sundinner can still exist with bartron on the other side

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

Oh certainly. I would expect nothing less.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Although with my personal history, Bartron likes to get drunk and get back behind the bar to serve drinks to friends.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Dead Flowers Productions said...

my new saturday ritual gone that fast...

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

I can't wait for our new Saturday ritual- cleaning up crappy parks at 9:30 am

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was looking forward to a nice, healthy dinner with Bartron after the hard work at the park..oh well.

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Jonah said...

don't forget kids -- there's a great place to spend sundays -- at the field. we may not have a full menu, but we will have fresh toasted bagels. and lots of love...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged