Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Morning Talk

This just happened:

I am talking with the CFO and a Trader about a document I am editing.

CFO: Man, I need coffee.

Me: Me too.

Trader: Yeah. So, shall we change the name to --- or to ---?

CFO: Well, it depends on the context of the document.

Trader: But if I make a notation here to change it to --- then when we refer to --- and --- it sounds redundant as the names are so familiar.

Me: I'm confused. Are you changing the name to --- or ---?

CFO: Well, we're changing it to --- but we haven't put it into effect until --- so it's not valid here and here.

Trader: Oh, I'm changing those charts. But what about these long sentences?

Me: Wait, will you be denoting the names for me?

Trader: Yes, but I don't know what the new name is.

CFO: Shit, I have to go to the post office today.

Me: I have an idea. How about I make coffee and we go from there?

CFO: Sounds good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged