Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Friday, December 04, 2009

Funny Stuff

Wow last night's show was FANTASTIC! And not just because I made a guest appearance in the host's monthly web show. Although that was fun. No, the one, the only, Janeane Garofalo came and just went off for 10 minutes about so many things and she was hysterical. Plus she's whip smart- and did you know she's 45? I know, right? She looks great.

Overall all of the comedians were fantastic but I think my favorite lines came from comedian named Brooke Van Poppelen:

"When I was in my 20's, all the face washes advertised to me were all happy like, 'Wash your face with bubble gum and glitter!' Now that I'm in my 30's, all the ads are like, 'Let a team of scientists fix your face.'" Awesome.

But what was better than that was watching my 23 year old friend Molly, who is a fantastic female comedian, actually s@#t her pants when Janeane Garofalo shook her hand after her set. I said that to her too, later, "I saw that." She's like, "Me s@#tting my pants? Goddamn right".

Because Janeane Garofalo is one of those rare pop icons who not "traditionally" pretty girls can look up to. She's funny, dominates in a field where men outnumber the women by a lot, and she's genuine. PLUS she went up to my friend after her set and in a really nice way gave her some pointers. How cool is that?

Check out Garofalo in action:

1 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Sweden said...

yeah agree she is great

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged