Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Hil and Bar

A door squeaks open and Barack Obama enters the room. Hillary Clinton turns.

OBAMA: Why, hello.

CLINTON: Oh, hey, hi.

OBAMA: So. It's just us. it's been a while since we've been alone.

CLINTON: Yeah. Well except...

OBAMA: Oh, Rusty? He's just Secret Service. Don't mind him; he doesn't care about anything. He even lets me smoke cigarettes behind Michelle's back!

CLINTON: Ha ha! So.

OBAMA: Hi Hil.

CLINTON: Hey Mr. President.

OBAMA: Please, call me Bar. You make me feel like my dad.

CLINTON: Oh, I can't.

OBAMA: Missed you.

CLINTON: Me too.

OBAMA: You happy with your post?

CLINTON: Yes, thanks again Mr. President.

OBAMA: Please... Bar.

CLINTON: Okay. Bar.

OBAMA: So, I've been thinking about some serious things. Like, who to best put in my cabinet, working out some details...

CLINTON: Uh huh.

OBAMA: Figuring out who'll take over cooking detail in the White House, how to tell you I'm in love with you, what to do about the Big 3...

CLINTON: Wait, what? Go back.

OBAMA: Oh, to the cooking thing? The White House chef will stay but she needs a new asst.

CLINTON: No, to the other thing. After that.

OBAMA: The Big 3?

CLINTON: Before that.

OBAMA: Gosh I... don't remember.

CLINTON: It was... about me.

OBAMA: Hm. Beats me. Oh heck, look at the time. (checks watch) Looks like I gotta go to a meeting. Or something.

CLINTON: Or something.

OBAMA: Bye, Hil.

He and Rusty leave.

Hillary closes eyes, slides down the wall. Starts to sing.

(To the tune of I Don't Know How to Love Him" from Jesus Christ Superstar)

I don't know how to love him.
What to do, how to prove to him.
I've been changed, yes really changed.
In these past few days, when I think about fate,
I'm more than just the Secretary of State.

I don't know how to take this.
I don't see why he moves me.
He's man. He's just a man.
And I've been with a President before,
In very many ways,
He's just one more.

Should I bring him down?
Or is this a sham?
Should I speak of love,
Call him at 3AM?
I never thought I'd come to this.
What's it all about?

Don't you think it's rather funny,
I should be in this position.
I'm the one who's always been
So calm, so cool, no political fool,
But now I've looked within.
I'd swear him in.

1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I KNEW if she ever got in to the oval office, she would be smarter than to just use a stupid cigar....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged