Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gay, Not Happy

Recently Arkansas passed an initiative that bans people who are “cohabitating outside a valid marriage” from serving as foster parents or adopting children. In other words, gay people cannot adopt.

Freaking fabulous.

You know what? I'm sick and tired of all this gay-tred especially when it is crammed down my throat in the name of a religion that I don't belong to. To pass this law insinuates that gay people cannot care for children. So what happens when a gay couple or heterosexual couple that is not legally married has biological children? Should the state take them away? Seriously, this is intolerable.

Now, I'm not gay so I can adopt and mistreat as many children as I want, but as MLK famously said, "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere". This anti-gay trend ia a dangerous mindset and I've been reminded recently that the majority of the people in this country are pretty smart. We can definitely do better.

1 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Raymi Lauren said...

there are so many terrible non-gay parents out there and oodles of straights who should be banned from breeding permanently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged