Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, August 21, 2008

With an A, Bitch

So I walk into work today to a huge applause from my office. Apparently today another newspaper reviewed my show and put a big ass picture in it. While the review was mediocre I'm a big fan of "any press is good press."

Here's what gets me. In the entire course of our show getting reviewed, we've had one bad one, one so-so one (today) and 14 stellar, amazing, four star, holy shit incredible reviews. But people, seriously.

Can you spell my name right?

I know my name is spelled right on the press release. I know it's correct on the program because I wrote it. Is it that hard? I took one second of journalism in college and that was the biggest thing they told us- always get your facts straight and spell names right. At least he got the title of our show correct, which is more than I can say for the other show he reviewed in the same column. Ouch.

I wrote a thank you note to the reviewer today, as I do for all of them. It's really nice that they take the time to see the show, and I'd like to keep a relationship with everyone who has written about the show. Let's just say I made a lot of Facebook friends in the process. The guy has a funky, hard to spell name too. Guess what? I spelled it right. Because that's what I do.

3 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger patient boy said...

Which paper?

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, inquiring minds want to know what office to firebomb!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

You can read about him
here
.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged