Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Walk, Man

OK you guys RUN DON'T WALK to The Walkmen show. NO SERIOUSLY THE ONLY WAY I CAN DESCRIBE IT IS BY USING THE CAPS LOCK. THEY ARE AMAZING LIVE. See that, I used capitalization, bold and italics to stress my point. I mean, the lead singer's voice is so good, it's ridiculous. I thought the vocals were all mastered on the album but they are not. The man is a goddamn genius.

But here's the best part- the lead singer is engaged to a girl in my show, (she also performs with them) so not only were the tix free but we all hung out after the show AND he all comes out of the club and walks right up to me and gives me a hug and is all, "Congrats on the extended run!" and I'm all, "I WANT TO TALK IN CAPS LOCK BECAUSE YOU WERE SO AWESOME".

So to make the night even better all of my old bartending friends from this restaurant I worked in happened to be there and they all LOVE The Walkmen too because we used to listen to them at work nonstop, so I got to see them!

The guy, Hamilton, is so nice and down to earth and is not a rock star in the common sense ie doing drugs and hitting on chicks- he is a true front man, loves his fiancee, doesn't smoke and goes to bed at a decent hour. So thankfully I got at least 4 hours of sleep before I had to get up. That does not, however, mean I am yet sober.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged