Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Friday, June 27, 2008

At Your Service

We sometimes let the guys who were in the office before us use the conference room so their clients don't know the company actually went under. So it is sometimes my "job" to put the old company's sign up when they have a meeting to make it look like they still work there. Which makes me "their" employee when I greet them. Which gives me a lot of creative license.

Just now:

(guy fumbling at the door, I push the remote to open it)

Business Guy: Whoa! I was lookin' at that darned contraption and couldn't figure out where the bell was!

Translation in my Head: Flop dee doo! I'm a freaking idiot! Wa wa!

Me: Yeah, it's actually not a bell, it's a thumb scanner.

Dead silence.

Me: So... let me show you to the conference room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged