Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, May 12, 2008

Beneficial

I've just been told that flavonoids, a benefit of dark chocolate, are really really good for you. Here's what I found on the web:

"Flavonoids are compounds found in fruits, vegetables, and certain beverages that have diverse beneficial biochemical and antioxidant effects. Their dietary intake is quite high compared to other dietary antioxidants like vitamins C and E. The antioxidant activity of flavonoids depends on their molecular structure, and structural characteristics of certain flavonoids found in hops and beer confer surprisingly potent antioxidant activity exceeding that of red wine, tea, or soy."

Chocolate, red wine and beer? Sounds awesome. If that's the case I'm indestructible.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger MaryAnne LoVerme said...

I feel so much better about finishing my fourth glass and the two squares of orange dark chocolate I just enjoyed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged