Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, May 12, 2008

Down Memory Lane

Yesterday I had the rare opportunity to watch a tape of me performing with my improv group in college. There I was- all liberal-arts'd out, with short choppy hair, baggy carpenters jeans, funky work-shirt, and all I could think was,

Why didn't anyone tell me I looked like such a dyke? Did the words, "form fitting clothes" ever make their way into my vocabulary? Don't get me wrong, I looked kinda cute, but I had a pretty good body back then that I never took the opportunity to show it off. Now I work to keep my figure this way, you know, the same way the celebs do- smaller portions, pilates and hikes with my dog, but back then it just came naturally with my diet of coffee and cigarettes.

Oh, and there were actually times while watching the video that I couldn't even tell if it was me or this boy in my group I kinda resembled. The quality was rather poor, but still.

3 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger dancing at gunpoint said...

that's how all of the girls dress at macalester, it's like the damn lilith faire over there.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

Maybe someone would have told you if you hadn't spent so much time nailing chicks. Duh. Jeez.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

That's what I loved about Mac dorm rooms- wall to wall carpet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged