Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, February 21, 2008

We Can Do It, Gang

Hey guys, if you haven't already heard, a really cool bar in my neighborhood is closing. But instead of crying about it, why don't we do something about it all 80's movie-like? No, seriously- hear me out.

They need to raise some money. Well, if we put our thinking caps on and work together, by golly gee, we can save the after school community center bar! Think about it- there's ways to win money all over this hifalutin' town. Take this karaoke competition as an example- the winner gets $50,000. That's a lot of money!

So let's do it, guys. But make sure you steer clear of mean old Mr. Bosley's son and his riff-raff gang. They'll give us all heck even though he's dating Susan, and Susan's really cool. I even actually touched her boob once. Aw, who am I kidding- Susan only likes breakdancers. Waaaaait a minute...

On a serious note, it is sad but there are many happy memories to be had. If anyone wants to start a band for a talent show to win money to save the place or enter a karaoke competition, let me know. And ex-boss, you know I'd do the same for your place.

Love,

Tempy

4 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger Figgsrock2 said...

Writing the press release Lee sent out was the saddest thing I've done in a couple of years.

Now you have to come sing Skid Row.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

When's the next one?

Want to DJ my birthday party?

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummed. Had to leave work early, it hit me so hard. Almost cried into my drill press.

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will karaoke the shit out of any competition. sign my ass up!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged