Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Stuck

Crazy you guys! Looks like I have a ton of the usual environmental allergies (cat, ragweed, dust mite), and no real food allergies. Consensus is, we may never know why I had angioedema (new word!), but maybe it's a thyroid thing. I took some photos for your pleasure- here's the arm that got tested for animals:

Now, this is the strange part. For food, they ask you what you eat most often, then they prick you with little samples of it. So below is my arm after the shots. Again, they only gave me what I told them I eat the most of, so keep that in mind:
Oh, and I'm also allergic to dogs.

Anyone want a dog?

10 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger Figgsrock2 said...

Please tell me the dog one is a joke. I couldn't take the irony if it isn't.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

No, I am actually "allergic" to "dogs"

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Figgsrock2 said...

This may be my first emotionally genuine comment here Tempy:

That sucks. So what are you going to do?

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Oh, it's not a big deal. They assume that after 10 years that I'm immune to him. Either way, I think that it's a load of hooey. (I'm not really giving the dog away, Figgsrock.)

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Figgsrock2 said...

Yeah, I didn't really see you giving away the dog.

Good thing they didn't discover that you're allergic to TMZ too.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Don't you goddamn joke about that!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Figgsrock2 said...

Sorry, I retract that joke.

Things Steve is allergic to:

--mushrooms

--penicillian

--dating, apparently

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Ha ha!!! MUSHROOMS?!?!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey don't laugh. I can't eat anything with avocados. Or walnuts. Or eggplant.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Figgsrock2 said...

Yeah, 'shrooms--even the REAL good ones. I figured it out after I had a horrible time on them at Lollapalooza one year (my hands and chest felt like they were in cement all day) and then the next time I had a couple of mushrooms on a pizza I got all sorts of clammy and thought I was having a stroke or something. And it's only gotten worse as I've gotten older. It's a ball of fun, and made me pick my Chinese food more carefully.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged