Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Friday, December 14, 2007

Scardey Kat

So last night when I got home I remembered that I had agreed to feed my neighbor's two cats because she was at her boyfriend's house. Granted I was a bit soberly challenged but I thought, how complicated can these directions be? "There's a can of cat food in the cupboard". Got it.

So I'm looking all around the kitchen and could not for the life of me find any cat food. And these cats really wanted it. There are two of them and they are both kind of overweight. My neighbor also confessed that she hadn't been home in a couple of days and forgot to feed them so they were starved for both attention and food.

One of them kept weaving in between my legs, or maybe my legs were weaving around the cat, I dunno, but she was purring like crazy, whereas the other one was giving me the Condoleeza Rice stink eye. And I still couldn't find the food. I tried reasoning with them and asking them if they knew where the food was. They did not. So, ever the problem solver, I ran downstairs and brought up two cups of dry dog food. They were thrilled. Then I felt bad so I called my neighbor who directed me to the proper pantry where the food was hidden- it was actually blocked behind this thing of wood. So I don't feel like such an idiot. I gave them both the dog and cat food. If you are what you eat, I hope they don't hate themselves today.

An artist's rendering:

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I blame the martinis for the inspirational serving of dog food.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

I'm just catching up - my grandmother's name was Bunny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged