Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Ready For My Pup's Close-Up

Man. I'll tell ya, this business is tough.

Yesterday I got my dog all gussied up and ready for his stint on 30 Rock. We took a nice car ride to this crazy old army hospital converted into these beautiful condos and spent the majority of the afternoon/evening cooling out paws in this 6 million dollar, for-sale, colossally empty apartment otherwise known to actors as "holding". Luckily it wasn't a huge shoot so there were only a few other actors there who weren't totally crazy and he made a lot of friends. Especially the kind of friends that gave him cheese, pepperoni and cereal bars from craft services. Those are his favorites. I mean, I'm pretty sure "sit" "paw" and "speak" aren't any new and amazing tricks but these people couldn't get enough of my dog's broad vocabulary.

So after a trip to wardrobe and hair where I found out that there was too much hair on my wardrobe (they didn't like the fur lining on my coat), I was fashioned in a smart ensemble. My dog was allowed to keep his fur coat.

And after a few more hours, as it got later and later and my dog and I settled in for a nap, we found out that Tina Fey was tired so OUR SCENE GOT CUT! Oh, the trials of show business. Personally, I don't care, but if my dog was upset he didn't show it. Let's just say we both slept well and at least my dog got to meet a bunch of fun people.

This morning as I left for work, my dog was extra sad. It reminded me of this old Jon Stewart bit where he talks about bringing his cat to the vet and his cat was particularly disturbed by the thermometer up his butt. He says that because it was his cat's only experience in the outside world, whenever he leaves the house after that his cat looks at him like, "You like that?" My dog looked at me like, "I know where you're going. To the land of pepperoni and cheese and attention. Please take me with you."

I give him a day before he forgets all about it. Sadly, there will be no on-screen proof.

2 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer! Well, maybe we can arrange a play date for Jesse and Stella. She can be a bit rough with other dogs at first ("I'm nobody's bitch, Bitch!"), but she's a good girl.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

Tell that to the dog who's been attacked by a pit bull twice in one week. But maybe you and I should have a play date.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged