Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Whine Whine

I felt bad for whining so much, but then I just read that a tooth extraction is the most traumatic type of dental procedure there is. Next to the fluoride treatment, of course. Remember those? My dentist always gave me a choice between mint-ass-flavored fluoride gel and cheery-ass-flavored fluoride gel. Then he'd squeeze a gargantuan amount of this white or red substance into this little plastic mouth tray and I'd have to keep it in my mouth for 5 long minutes.

Anyway, one time I had eaten McDonald's before the dentist appt., and I got so nauseous from the fluoride treatment that I vomited both gel and digested burger right on my bib/lap/chair. From then on, I wasn't allowed to eat before I went to the dentist.

And that's why I have so many emotional problems.

9 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But we always got to pick out a prize from the treasure chest (yes, a real treasure chest) at the end of the torture (dentist visit) and it made it all worth it....

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and by the way, the most traumatic procedure is gum replacement, where they take skin from the roof of your mouth and graft it to your receding gum, and you can't eat for 2 days, and you can feel the stitches in the roof of your mouth for a week and it makes you want to vomit.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

I'm not talking about "emotionally traumatic" or "gross and inconvenient", I'm talking about real medical trauma. Beeotch.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

Two things.

1) who's got the cum joke because that picture is nasty...

2) my dentist was doing fluoride treatments on me for years, and then when I was 13 they realized that our town water was fluoridated, and the excessive treatments had caused my teeth to become ridged and spotted. Conclusion? Dentists are always wrong.

But they make a lot of money.

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was real medical trauma. I had skin sliced off of the roof of my mouth and sewn onto my teeth. No toy or vicodin afterwards. Beat that Tempy!! (and yes, they make a lot of money. That surgery cost more than my diamond earrings).

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

and to think your diamond earrings only cost the value of one Sierra Leonian child!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

"Blood Dentistry"

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

would you beleive me if I told you they were certified "War Zone Free"?

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Yeah, I believe that. And the "treasure chest" was "real"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged