Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, September 24, 2007

Holy Stalking Batman!

My best friend from camp just found me on the internets and emailed me through my website! Here's why it's kind of a big deal- I went to camp in Canada and this chick lives in British Columbia. Oh and I have a website. Because I am a big deal.

This girl and I wrote a poem about the US versus Canada like, 16 years ago when G.H.W. Bush was President. I don't remember much of it but I'll never forget this line:

Me:
At least we all don't live on skis
With icy sleds to push
Baseball is our sport of choice

Her:
At least we don't have Bush

8 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

Poetry is timeless.

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's no way you can trump her. So who is it? Ya know, my best friend from that camp became a leader in the anti-racist/pro-anarchist movement up in Toronto. Everytime he stopped calling for a few weeks, I knew he was in jail.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Um... it's this nice girl you don't know because it was later in camp.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Figgsrock2 said...

Tempy and Lawyergirl, this must have been some kind of camp from what I have read in this post. Was Bill Murray a counselor? Or did a guy named Jason go there and like hockey, eh?

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

It was a Canadian camp. So... yes.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

I tried to go to sleep away camp... 10 minutes from my house. I lasted precisely 2 nights then asked to be brought home and became a day student.

Is it any wonder why I'm developmentally slow...

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts exactly Tempy.... My thoughts exactly.

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I was at the Appellate Division, First Department today and the lawyers started talking about Canada's Columbus Day. Is Canada in the air?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged