Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Safety

This morning on my way to work, already running late to everything, I was stopped by the NYPD for those random searches that happen at your local subway station. I somehow knew they were going to call me over because a. I'm running late and b. I looked like I was running late, so of course they needed to stop me from accelerating in a forward motion towards my destination. Five cops motion me over and being no stranger to searches I open my bag and start to take things out. I chose the most uncomfortable items first: tampons, advil, (I wish I had brought my book, "Hi. I Have My Period.") but the cops just stopped me and put a ticket-like paper swab inside the lining of my bag. Then they take this and put it into a little machine that has lights that run back and forth while it says, "Processing". I got nervous kind of like the nervous you get when you know your debit card will go through, but what if it doesn't, right? Luckily I do not have bomb making materials in my bag so they let me go.

And yet, I somehow feel like I did something wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged