Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Because I Care Enough To Buy The Very Best

I was sent on an errand this morning.

BossLady: Can you do me a favor?

Me: Sure.

BL: It's silly but I need to buy cards to send to my kids at camp. (They are a boy and a girl, both 10)

Me: Okay.

BL: Okay so (the boy) likes boy stuff, like silly cartoons or sports or something.

Me: Gotcha.

BL: And (the girl), well, she likes girly things, like... puppies and kitties...

Me: Puppies and kitties!

Clearly this is the best job ever. The girl was easy to shop for; Hallmark has a plentiful array of both puppy and kitty cards. Sometimes you can even find a card with both. But the boy... try finding a non-birthday boy card that does not have a half naked lady or a beer mug on it. Do you know Hallmark has a section for "Unique Cards" that include "Good luck in the army" and "Congratulations on your American citizenship"? They even have cards for different diseases. Anyway, I settled on a soccer ball card and a baseball card.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged