Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, July 30, 2007

Now That's What I Call A Sticky Situation!

The morning dog walk is never without its share of excitement but today's excursion was particularly eventful.

Due to the 18 violations in my building as cited by the Housing Authority, we are getting a new set of stairs among other things. So this morning at 7:50 or so, I open the door to my apartment, thus releasing my dog to scamper down three flights of stairs to the front door. Right when we get to the last flight I realize that I am standing in a pile of glue. Glue that extends all the way down the stairs. And my dog, stuck halfway down the stairs, looking up at me scared and ashamed. First the arthritis, now this. It's getting ridiculous.

I managed to get him down the flight because according to the workman, "It's not that sticky", and we continued on our morning walk.

Fifteen minutes later, we're back and my dog's paws are now covered with leaves, sticks, cigarette buts and other various sidewalk accoutrement. It looks as if he's wearing moccasins made by a five year old for a class project. So... back up the stairs (which now have tiles), and into the tub where the best I can do is pull as much glue off his paws as possible.

I hope he's okay. I know it will fall off eventually, but I have visions of him licking it off his paws all day. Stay strong, little buddy. And don't try to climb any walls while I'm gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged