Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Awesome New York Moment

When I was in high school, I had the biggest crush on this Korean gangster who once carried a gun to school and taught me how to shoot pool. I was reminded of this because of something that happened yesterday on the train.

I was standing in the packed car when a seat became available. Naturally, I slid right into it (Tempy's dexterous), when I saw a woman with twin 3 year olds, a boy and a girl. The girl was sleeping in the stroller and the boy was piled awkwardly on his mother's hip as she attempted to both hold the child and man the stroller. Of course I offered her a seat and she took it. I helped her move into the spot while strolling her daughter a few feet towards her. Everyone on the train clearly felt really bad that they hadn't helped her initially.

I guess I wasn't the only one who felt people should be more observant, so to prove a point, this 20 year old Korean gangster stood up and loudly offered me his seat to thank me for what I did. He then proceeded to stare everyone down as he gave me his seat. Moral of the story? Uh... damn it feels good to get a seat on the train from a Korean gangster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged