Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

1 + 1 = 2

I'm not the new girl anymore, as we have hired two new people and will be hiring one more, but I am still just the assistant. Here is a conversation I just had with High Energy New Woman In The Office:

HENWITO: "Do you have the canceled checks from the company?"

Me: "From this (gesture to computer) account?"

HENWITO: "No. Yes. I mean, yes."

Me: "No, we get the bank statements."

HENWITO: "So who gets the canceled checks?"

Me: "Not me. I don't think we get them at all. Let me che..."

HENWITO: "But someone gets them?"

Me: "Hold on..." (bee boo bop *phone*) "Hello, (Accountant I Like), do we get the canceled checks?"

AIL: "What?"

Me: "Um, you may want to get over here."

HENWITO: "I am so confused and so high energy all at the same time!"

AIL: "Uh, yeah, we don't get the canceled checks, we get the bank statements.

HENWITO: "So who gets the canceled checks?"

AIL: "No one."

Me: "(to myself) That's funny, I thought I just said that."

HENWITO: "I am going to explode with energy!"

Massive eye rolls from me to AIL.

1 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger dancing at gunpoint said...

We have a couple of those over here, too. I'm always on the verge at throwing staplers at them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged