Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Nice Pecs

This is kind of gross for so many reasons.


The only thing that's missing at the bottom is "Brought to you by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints".

Anyone remember that freaky Latter Day Saints commercials for the board game, "Bridges and Gaps"? When the son rolls the dice, pulls the card and says to his father, "Your question is: What is the proudest you've ever been of me?" And the music swells and the Dad goes, "Son, I'm always proud of you." And then they hug?

Maybe if I played that game at home, my daddy wouldn't have left.

1 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I saw that story at the gym (telepromter style), covered by CNN (hate that channel!). I do remember that commercial, vaguely. But daddys often leave, so don't beat yourself up over skipping out on the game.

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone else noticed this: You see yourself naked in the mirror, and decide that you MUST go to the gym to squeeze in some cardio before you're unable to squeeze into any clothing. You carefully position yourself behind the beam that blocks a clear view to the high-traffic stairway/locker room area, turn on the iPod and watch the TV screens (alternating between programs, if you have my attentional issues). Anyway, just as you begin to get past the 'I think I'm going to puke' phase and into the 'maybe, just maybe I can make it through the hour' phase, some chick in tight pants (something written across the ass optional) plants herself on the eliptical two rows forward, and two machines over, making it impossible for you to ignore her and maintain your positive self-talk. Bitch! Can't wait to be that chick... Nothing written across my tight ass, though. That's just tacky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged