Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Friday, May 11, 2007

Spazzy Again

I still can't move my head to the right. Ever since I was little, once in a blue moon I'd get neck spasms, so they are nothing new. But just because a. I'm a hypochondriac and b. I have nothing to do, I decided to do some internet research on muscle spasms.

Now, googling, when it comes to health related issues, is always a bad idea as you will type in something innocent like, "headache" only to find out that you have an ectopic pregnancy. So it comes to no surprise that one of the "causes" of muscle spasms are alcohol abuse.

So I look that link up only to find that there are two kinds of drinkers- People with alcohol dependence and those who are alcohol abusers. Here is the "difference":

"People with alcohol dependence, the most severe alcohol disorder, usually experience tolerance and withdrawal. Tolerance is a need for markedly increased amounts of alcohol to achieve intoxication or the desired effect. Withdrawal occurs when alcohol is discontinued or intake is decreased. Alcohol dependents spend a great deal of time drinking alcohol, and obtaining it.

Alcohol abusers may have legal problems such as drinking and driving. They may also have problems with binge drinking (drinking 6 or more drinks at one sitting)."


I'm sorry, what is the difference?

PS I think my spasm may have something to do with taking a nap on the couch last night.


3 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

Perhaps it has something to do with inconsistent application of nutrients over the last five days? I'm just sayin...

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Yes, but my innards are toxic-free...

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger patient boy said...

What kind of toxins were you flushing, anyway?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged