Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, March 29, 2007

It's Called Exhaustion

I'm going on week three of my month long work marathon. What is that you ask? Well, seeing as how I haven't had steady work in a long time, I am in desperate need of dinero. So when a company asked me to do a four week gig Monday through Friday and I am still doing the restaurant on the weekends, that translates into seven days a week for me as a working gal. Not to be confused with a working girl, as that would make me either a prostitute or Melanie Griffith.

Seven days a week. Only the Beatles can top that. I'm just glad I'm not the poor woman on MySpace who is two weeks in to her hunger strike against Sanjaya from American Idol (she's not eating until he gets voted off). But if I were her, at least I'd lose some weight.

4 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may be shiftless right now, but I feel your pain. Disregard ridiculous Wall Street hours altogether. I worked full time (two jobs) while going to college full time for the better part of 1992-1994 (how did I manage to squeeze in my delinquent extra curricular activities while still funcioning? Sleep driving!). Then I spent a few months on that boat (The Bering Star) in Alaska, rocking the first shift: 6am - 10pm (sometimes midnight). Killer overtime, on my feet, complete with heavy lifting, wet conditions and foul odors. Big bonus: my arms were damned near Linda Hamilton in "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" cool. This, too, shall pass, and you'll come out of it smelling like roses with money. Instead of salmon, which overpowered any whiff of money with little effort.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"I know I promised you guys a YouTube video, but I am just feeling too tired and weak to do it tonight. I don't even know how I'm typing this right now."

Please. Give it a rest and eat a cheeseburger. Someone needs to remind that girl that there is reality outside, not just on television.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

What is reality...

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Reality is, that while you poor working stiffs are there making money, I am going to go see a free show with some cute-ass Japanese girls.
Woohoo!!!
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged