Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, February 26, 2007

No. I'm Not That Creative

I could not even make this up. This is the sign in the bathroom I had to steal off the stall (it's okay, there's a ton of them and I think it's just gross).

"Please make sure that you 'flush' the toilet bowl when you have finished doing your business. In addition, turn around and look back and make sure all of your bodily debris has been flushed away, leaving a nice clean bowl for the next person.

Remember at some point you will be that next person and no one wants to look at a prior person's left overs.

Your kind cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated".

I just don't know what to say. I'm scared.

7 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

wait... are you working at 295 madison ave by any chance? on 41st between madison and park?

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

Um, no... why?

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I will ever hear the phrase "left overs" the same way again.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

I think that was the original name for the Oasis song "Don't Look Back in Anger".

It was actually, "Don't Look Back in Anger, But If You Do, Make Sure All of Your Bodily Debris Has Been Flushed Away". They thought it was too long.

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...so wait. You decided to take the sign why? To install at your place?

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

I'm having it laminated.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

295 Madison is one of the buildings Leslie's father owns and where we have Cubicle rehearsals and there were often bizarre signs up. None that wonderful, but I thought maybe they expanded. The one I remember best was "clean up after yourselves, ladies"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged