Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Guess Who?

Aw yeah, you bet I'm back. For one day only, I am at your service. And at the service of three very important men who like their phones answered in a very particular way.

A lot has happened since I've been gone. Britney shaved her head, I got a job at an online magazine and George Bush is still as incompetent as ever but just as blissfully clueless. I wonder what drug he's on. Oh that's right, I forgot. It's Jesus Christ.

Okay, I just got recognized. Let me explain. The "Head Guy" at the place I'm working at is actually the husband of a good friend of mine. In fact, we were in an Off-Broadway show together for quite some time, and of course, all of her husbands co-workers came. Now in this show, I was the brash, foul mouthed, short skirted, knee length boot wearing whore. Not a real stretch, mind you (I'm method). Today, I am actually wearing pearls and a conservative sweater with smart slacks. I said slacks, that's right. So imagine the confusion of everyone here today. I've gotten a lot of double takes and odd grins. This guy actually just came up to me and said, "I gotta know..." Yes. Yes, it's me. And now I'm working for you.

(awkward)

6 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You own slacks?

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pearls?

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger MJW said...

Pearls and a sweater? Tempy, you are such a Catholic girl wannabe. Can anyone hear the theme music from Working Girl? Are you moving to Staten Island?

In other news, I have no other news. Sam is pregnant, and I am not, but I seem to be gaining more weight than she.

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a pair of pink sidewinders? And a bright orange pair of pants?

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Tempy said...

The "slacks" are from H&M, the blazer Banana Republic, sweater Forever 21 and the "pearls" some cheap accessory store. But thank you again for reminding me of how much money I don't have.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

Slacks!!! Pantaloons!!! Palazzos!!! CLAM DIGGERS!!!!!

There is no shortage of funny names for things that cover my legs...

[insert off-color joke by Boyd here]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged