Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

I Need A New Box, Get It?

The following is an ACTUAL TRANSCRIPT of the conversation I just had with my cable company. Again, the only thing that has been changed is my name.

Gunter: Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable. We are currently testing our live chat function and appreciate your patience. At the end of our chat you will be given the option of taking a brief survey. My name is nther. Please give me a moment while I access your account.
Tempy: Hello Gunter
Gunter: Hello.
Tempy: u get my account?
Tempy: [account number]

Gunter: I understand that you have some problems with your box.
Tempy: yes, I do.
Gunter: Thank you.
Tempy: I think it's old
Tempy: When I reset it, it didn't go to the correct time, it went to 12:00
Gunter: I see, well I will be more than glad to assist you with your issue.
Tempy: I paid my bill
Tempy: I didn't get an error message saying my bill was late
Tempy: it just went to the local NBC station
Tempy: wouldn't let me get any other stations
Tempy: or get on my DVR list...
Gunter: I am going to send a signal to your box and try to fix this issue.
Tempy: ok thx
Tempy: do I need a new box?

Gunter: The only thing I need you to do is to turn on your box and your TV please.
Tempy: I was going to switch to HD anyway
Tempy: I'm not home. I can't check it
Tempy: :(
Gunter: Well you can replace it for a new HD one without cost if you want.
Tempy: I just want to make sure it's not an issue with having an old box
Tempy: Any way you can check?
Tempy: Great. How can I do that?
Gunter: Sure I can still send you the signal and when you get home you can check if the problem was solved.
Tempy: ok
Tempy: also, if I get an HD box but I don't have an HD TV yet (I will later this week) will it still work on my old tv?
Gunter: Yes your HD box will work with your old TV with our problems.
Gunter: The only this you have to do is to please go to the store with you box and your remote and replace it for an HD one.
Tempy: Will I still save all my old shows and movies I had on DVR???
Gunter: Also you have to tell to the representative that you will connect the box to a normal TV.
Tempy: ok
Tempy: Can I save the movies I saved on DVR?
Gunter: Well if you want to save your show and movies you have to replace it for a HDDVR.
Tempy: I know, but can I transfer the movies I already saved?
Tempy: on my old box
Gunter: Well I think that is no possible, I am so sorry for that.
Tempy: Oh dear.
Tempy: OK
Tempy: It's just that "What A Girl Wants" is one of my faves
Tempy: You know how that goes
Tempy: :(
Tempy: OK nther, thank you
Tempy: I will check the signal you sent to my box when I get home
Gunter: Ok that fine, I am so sorry that you can transfer your show.
Gunter: Your are more than welcome.
Tempy: It's a movie- you should check it out
Tempy: Amanda Bynes finds her long lost father
Tempy: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway
Tempy: thank you for your help
Gunter: Ok sorry for the mistake.
Gunter: Have a nice day!
Gunter: Again, my name is
nther. Thank you for chatting with Time Warner Cable. We value you as a customer and we are here to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you would like to take brief survey please click on end session and the survey will load. Have a great day!
Tempy: Bye!
Gunter: Analyst has closed chat and left the room

3 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Sweden said...

and his name is Günther lol

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

I can't make this up.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger WonderGirl said...

I love that movie because it has Mr. Darcy as a sexy dad. LeSigh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged