Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Thursday, November 05, 2009

My New Friends

So last night I was invited to a dinner for a good friend of mine in town, and every time I attend these thing it turns out I know his friends from somewhere. Last night was no exception. When I got there, there were all these people I didn't know. The woman sitting next to me and I were trying to figure out why we looked familiar, when there it was- for 10 years we have lived across the street from each other and our dogs play together. The guy to the right of me? I did voiceover work for his film a while back. The woman across from me? I don't know her but she went to Vassar and knows friends of mine AND was taught by my "cousin" (I'll explain that one later). The guy who showed up later? He's in the band the Butthole Surfers and I was one of the few people in the world that sat through his computer music experiment with his friends a few years ago at a local club (that one's for you, Miguel). The other guy across from me starts going on about this famous Kentucky Derby party he goes to... (another long story) and on and on.

FINALLY we had enough chit chat to realize that while we loved our friend, we really wanted to watch the game, so my new friends and I watched the game together. How cute. It'll probably be like in The Breakfast Club where after detention is over, we see each other on the street and don't say hi. But at least we had the Yankees.

4 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Anonymous miguel. said...

no comment

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Tempy said...

It's a funny story... But he was impressed I went. Oh, and he totally ate 1/2 of my goat cheese and pear tart.

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous miguel said...

butthole scarfer

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger caitlinmae said...

love this tiny tiny world of brooklyn. I hope you saved the fork from the shared tart.
xoxthatgirlwhowentovassarxox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged