Tempy

A day by day and often hourly account of a temp

Monday, June 01, 2009

It's Comedy

As most of you know, I have my finger on the pulse of the world due to a tad of downtime at my job. I'll be the first to report any breaking news about celebs and politicians, I'm down with all the cool new videos and I have somehow accessed and posted many private IM conversations. So it shouldn't surprise you that I have the inside scoop of NBC's new sitcom lineup.

Looks like a little show based on Bristol Palin and Meghan McCain is in the works and boy am I excited. It's tentatively called Elephant in the Room and the premise is this: Two daughters of well known GOP politicians are forced to live together, but they are totally different! One has a baby out of wedlock but preaches abstinence and the other is a real party animal who believes in sex education. And get this- their gay Latino-Eskimo-American neighbor is a democrat! Pobo doesn't care if his music is too loud or his parties are too rocking. In fact, the Bristol character usually has to drag the Meghan character out of the parties! What an insensitive roomie!

Here's a snippet of the pilot:

BRISTOL: Good morning Meghan. When did you get in?

MEGHAN: An hour ago. I stayed over at Jummy's because I was having a lot of sex.

(laugh track)

BRISTOL: Oh dear!

MEGHAN: Hey, I used protection. Unlike SOME people. Speaking of which, how's your BABY?

(laugh track)

BRISTOL: Oh, he's fine. He's seeing his daddy today.

MEGHAN: Cool. Yeah, if I had a baby, which I don't, I totally wouldn't know who to bring it to for visitation since I have so much sex with so many different people.

(laugh track)

BRISTOL: Oh, honestly.

MEGHAN: Hey, speaking of many partners, I hear Pobo might be getting married.

BRISTOL: Well he only has four ststes to choose from.

(laugh track)

MEGHAN: I'm gonna go take a nap. Try to keep that baby quiet.

BRISTOL: OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged